Thursday, October 27, 2011

My own reflective consciousness






 
 

 







Now we sit
silent in the closet
of our room
after brushing our teeth
and making the bed

As we sit
I remain quiet 
as not to intrude
Absorbed in stillness
to notice your breath

I watch you sit
tall and plumb
like a radiant statue 
on a blue green cushion
no larger than a serving plate

As you sit
your hands splay open 
fingers turned slightly up
on the tops of your knees
as if to carry folded sheets

we sit restrained
witnessing transformation
attending a sacred communion
to arrive in meditation

we sit
like foam on a still pond 
watching sparrows migrate
extending each moment 
shared between us

now, I sit alone 
for you have wandered
down the alleys and trails 
chasing thoughts
I have released

2 comments:

Peat O'Neil said...

ah, brilliance shining in simplicity....

Peat O'Neil said...

ah, brilliance shining in simplicity....