Thursday, December 30, 2010

friendship

A Precious Human Life
Every  day, think as you wake up
Today I am fortunate to have woken up,
I am alive, I have a precious human life,
I am not going to waste it.
I am going to use all my energies to develop myself,
To expand my heart out for others,
To achieve enlightenment for the benefit of all beings.
I am going to have kind thoughts towards others.
I am not going to get angry,
or think badly about others
I am going to benefit others as much as I can.
the 14th Dalai Lama

Corn Chowder 2010
feeds 5 people
2 cans or 2 1/2c organic yellow corn
Diced up ham or veggie substitute
1 thin sliced med organic yellow onion
1/4c chopped organic red onion
2 cloves organic garlic
1/2 can organic vegatable or chicken broth
1/2 c half and half or milk alternative
2 organic potatoes chopped
alderwood smoked sea salt
3/4 t ground pepper
red pepper flakes
peperika

cook potatoes till soft (but not too soft) in a small pot of water
Cook ham in a big cast iron skillet
Add onions and garlic
once everythings all warm transfer it to a big pot on med/high heat
add everything else and stir alot.
Let it sit on med/low heat for about 10-15 mins
Spice to taste

No comments: