Thursday, December 9, 2010

Save yourself

This morning, I put purple cabbage, kale, carrot, raspberry, and blueberries in the blender.

It tasted kind of like dirt, so I added a handful of cherries and honey for sweetness.
I wish I could photosynthesize my own food.

Germs seek their natural habitat -diseased tissue- rather than being the cause of the diseased tissue.
(Reminded me of the Radiolab episode on Parasites.)

Later I took a trip to the post office and the La Grange Public Library.
I am quite fond of our new library.
It is Leed Certified and uses geothermal heat from under the parking lot.
I got a belly dancing workout video and a dvd titled "Alamar"

Books I checked out
  • The green beauty guide          By: Julie Gabriel
  • The Backyard Homestead      Edited By: Carleen Madigan
  • Yoga Anatomy                       By: Leslie Kaminoff
  • Appalachian Mountain Girl    By: Rhoda Bailey Warren
  • ECODIET                              By: Toni Toney
Salty spice
Refined table salt is 97.5% sodium chloride.
(contributes to high blood pressue, heart disease, and stroke)
Himalayan and Celtic Sea Salt have a shit ton of health benefits.
Celtic Sea Salt According to Celtic Sea Salt.com

Celtic Sea Salt is harvested from the coastal regions of France. 

It is slightly grey in color from minerals absorbed while it lay on the grey, sandy clay of the coast. 

This sea salt is sun-dried to retain its natural minerals and claims to be herbicide and pesticide free.

Himalayan Crystal Salt  

Himalayan Crystal Salt is harvested from salt mines in Khewra, Pakistan. 
These mines are formed from sea or lake beds that dried up centuries ago, leaving salt beds to be compressed underground until it was mined. 
According to Himalayan Living Salt.com, these salt crystals are beige or pink in color because of the minerals absorbed from the soil. Himalayan Crystal Salt claims to be naturally processed to retain all natural minerals
Benefits of both sea salts

Canola oil was never designed for human consumption.  
It had been used as a lubricating agent by small industries and as insect repellent.
Hydrogenation is the process by which hydrogen is forced into highly heated vegetable oil with the aid of a catalyst, usually nickel.  Forcing hydrogen into the oil changes the chemical structure so that it will become more solid.  
Its hard to understand everything.  
Ecodiet says becoming vegetarian is the only way to live healthy.  
Personally, I don't agree with that.  
It says to eat 80% alkaline foods and 20% acid.  

Top 12 household killers
  • bug killers
  • mold and mildew cleaners
  • oven cleaners 
  • dishwasher detergent
  • car care products
  • laundry products
  • all purpose cleaners
  • carpet shampoo
  • ammonia
  • drain cleaner
  • furniture polish
  • bleach

Sushi for dinner



 Gluten free Salvage brownies
and moma's banana bread for dessert


Clothes
 I don't know whose pants these are but I am keeping them.  (sorry)
They are grey gap sweatpants with 3 pockets.
It feels like wearing silk.  
Three days now, I've been wearing the same blue tee Alicia gave me three years ago.  
Thank you again Alicia, this shirt rocks!  
My favorite part is this big peace sign in the O in HOME written in yellow across my chest.   
Alicia lives in Portland Oregon. 
I will see her next week down south in Bowling Green, Ky.  
A single peacock feather pokes out from behind a free Sierra Club map of the United States.  
I am working on becoming a better writer.  =)
I should keep a thesaurus closer. 

Shake it
I am catching my breath from wild dancing with McKenzie.  
"Is that how you dance in the club?" asked my sister Katherine.
 I handed over the baby and pretended to dry hump my youngest sister Mary.
"This is how I dance in the club,"  I said.
Laughing and surging with energy, I jumped on the couch only to land haphazardly.
I took back McKenzie and we got down to Radiohead "In Rainbows".
She giggled and squealed with joy.
We have been bonding more and more.


"follow through on all your generous impulses." -Epictetus
Salvage Food
Salvage food will change your life.  I heard about it at the Beardy Poe is Bowling Green, Ky.  Loretta and I each filled a shopping cart with high quality organic scratch and dent food for VERY little money. I was getting so frugal I didn't want to spend $1.20 on a good sized jar of imported green olives.  Here is a website with Salvage Grocery's listed by state
http://www.frugalvillage.com/forums/discount-stores/97055-salvage-grocery-list-state.html

No comments: